Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Kakum National Park!

 (Local kids copy every facial expression Christina could think up. She even got them to stick their fingers in their noses and act like their faces were being melted off.)

Christina and I tagged along Dalhousie's Cape Coast day. We checked out Kakum National Park and its phenomenal canopy walk. It is pretty darn high, enough to give me a slight sense of vertigo. Luckily, the guide explained that there have been no injuries or death. I felt pretty darn safe.
Taking up the rear of Dalhousie with Patrick, GMB Adviser.
Our trek up gets a little steep.
Watching Christina balance the shaky suspension bridge with one hand!
Students take in the incredible scenery!
Walking out to pose for a photo.
Yes, I was a little nervous and yes, I am beginning to look like a Chia Pet.
There are a total of 7 suspension bridges that make up the canopy walk and is 330 meters long. If you are coming out for a visit, I am definitely taking you here!
The sides are plenty high so no one has ever fallen over...YET!
Pausing at one of the landings to capture the lush forest. My photos don't do it justice.
Bruce! This looks like something out of 'Uncharted.'  Kept wishing you were here with me.
Today was an office day well spent despite the power outage we experienced for a couple hours. Also, successfully finished "Unbroken" by Laura Hillenbrand. I highly recommend it. The book has already got a long list of people at the house waiting to take it all in. You won't be disappointed by this incredible true story. I am moving on to read "The Heart and the Fist" by Eric Greitens. About humanitarian work, I don't think its timing in my life could be any better. Hope you are enjoying your week! I am thinking of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment